Great Falls Teachers Collaborative
GFTC consists of teachers from the Paterson Public Schools, committed to enhancing their practice through collaborative lesson planning and team teaching. We come from a variety of teaching disciplines, but focus our studies on STEM topics.
We are currently engaged in several ongoing projects:
- Out of school time curriculum development and delivery for the YMCA of Paterson’s E3 University 21CCLC program.
- Coordination and delivery of teacher training events in conjunction with the Great Falls National Park.
- Curriculum development, teacher training and program evaluation for other out of school time programs.
- Enhancing and deepening our STEM knowledge base to benefit our individual classrooms at our respective schools.
Our curriculum units include:
- Forensics: CSI Skills
- Engineering: Build It
- Water Quality and Ecology: Would you swim in the Passaic?
- Earth Science: Mountain Maker, Earth Shaker
- Edible Biology
Live links above will send you to a sample lesson. Want more? E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.